Underground Gas Lines & Trenching
TMT Mechanical is Ottawa and surrounding areas one-stop shop for installation of new underground natural gas or propane lines complete with trenching services. Small spaces are no issue when using our Kubota BX25D.
Locally owned and operated since 1998, we are a registered TSSA Certified Fuels Safety Contractor, employ licensed Gas Fitters and are fully insured for trenching services.
Underground gas lines are a safe and economical solution for supplying natural gas or propane to:
- outdoor firepits and tiki torches
- outdoor BBQ's and appliances
- pool and spa heaters
- patio, deck and garage heaters, or for
- new connections for torpedo tanks.
For new installations, our all-inclusive "Standard Trenching/Gas Line Installation" includes:
- "One-Call" utility locates
- Return float fee for equipment including fuel for equipment
- Licensed Equipment Operator/Gas Technician for duration of job
- First 10' of trench (excavate and backfill only)
- 10' of underground gas or line (size to be determined) with tracer wire
- 2 shut-off valves
- 2 risers
- Pressure test and inspection of new gas line.
Standard Price: $850.00
(Price Example for 50' trench including underground gas line installation with no extras) = $1,570.00 plus HST (10' Base price plus 40' @ $18.00/ft)
- Underground Gas Line (in excess of 10') - Add: $18.00/ft.
(Includes: excavation, installation/tracer wire/testing/inspection of gas lines, and backfilling.)
- If sand is required for bottom of trench - Add: $5.00/bag.
- Surcharge for rocky or very hard soil (Determined at time of job).
- Labour rate for extra man-power, if required, for manual rock removal - Add: $25.00/h.
- No grades over 10%.
- If re-routing is required due to obstructions found while trenching, additional fees will be incurred.
- Compacting and landscaping are NOT included, but available upon request.
- Extra float fee may be incurred for out of town job sites.
- No admittance to work area once job has commenced, due to Safety Regulations.
- Prices listed are estimates only. Complete quotes always provided for acceptance.